If you want to build a website for blogging or business without hiring a developer, then website builders are a perfect solution. They make our job easier without having much expertise on coding or site development. There are plenty of options available in market but as beginner it is very difficult to find out which is the best website builder. Here is the list of 5 best website builders you should checkout and make a decision.
WordPress is the worlds most popular website building platform. The self-hosted Word-Press is best website builder due to its powerful features scalability and easy to use. WordPress software is totally free and you can Click Here to download the latest version available.
- WordPress gives you complete control on every aspects of your website.
- It can be used to build any kind of website. e.g. blog writing, e-commerce store, community forums, a social network etc.
- There are many pre-made WordPress themes that you can use for your website designs.
- Builder has drag and drop page builder to create page layout.
- It has more than 50000 free WordPress plugins.
- WordPress provides high security to the blog.
- Platform can be easily used to create multilingual website.
- You will have to manage your own website. At first, you might be unknown to a new system. However it is very easy to overcome this problem and you can search for some contents on YouTube and get yourself comfortable.
- You will also have to keep up with WordPress updates, plugin updates and create backup. You have option available to automate these things in WordPress however it is better to have control of these things.
Shopify is the another website building platform, which is mostly design for the online store and e-commerce. It powers more than half a million businesses with 1 million active users. However the platform is not free but you will have to pay for it. (As low as $9/Month)
- Shopify is an fully hosted solution.
- You don’t have to worry about managing software, installing updates or keeping backups.
- Shopify platform is mostly use for the e-commerce with full inventory management, powerful stats, easy marketing solution all neatly wrapped under one roof.
- It offers integrated payment solution called shopify payments.
- If you want to move your website away from shopify, then it is difficult and time consuming task.
- Shopify platform is comparatively costly than other available options.
Wix is another popular cloud based website builder.It offers ease of use a combined features,but you have to pay some money to buy a Wix software.
- Wix is fully hosted platform, so you will not have to pay for hosting.
- you get access to hundreds of templets for website design.
- Each template is completely editable.
- It has many free and paid apps that you can install on your website.
- Wix offers a free plan with limited bandwidth and storage.
- If you decided to move your website away from Wix then it is very difficult.
- Wix software is costly.
4. GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain name and hosting service providers in the world. However it is paid platform and as per your requirement you can choose a plan. Personal plan costs $5.99 per month and business plan for $9.99 per month.
- GoDaddy Website Builder is a simple and easy tool to create professional looking websites.
- GoDaddy website builder works on smaller screen.
- This allows you to work on your websites on the your mobile or tablet.
- It comes with pre-loaded ready to use blocks that you can drag and drop to build different layouts.
- It has photo library where you can upload your photos.
- It is difficult to move your website from GoDaddy Website Builder to WordPress.
- It is a paid platform.
WordPress.com is a blog and website hosting service run by Automattic. It is not similar to the self-hosted wordpress.org but mostly has paid features available.
- WordPress.com is a website hosting service. Built on top of the same WordPress software but with a totally custom user experience.
- You don’t have to worry about the software and backups as WordPress.com takes care of it.
- Their free and paid plans have different set of features.
- All plans allow users to choose from hundreds of free and paid WordPress themes.
- You can then use the built-in customize to add your site title, use widgets, add navigation menus.
- You cannot install custom plugins or themes unless you upgrade to their business plan.
- Premium and lower plans do not have e-commerce features or third-party ad network support.
All these website builders can be tried for free (Paid ones are majorly comes with 14 days trail period) and see which you feel comfortable to work with.
Happy blogging! 🙂